Friday, March 21, 2014

Do other states have special dress codes? Just Texas?

I didn't realize there were state-specific dress codes until we moved back to Texas. In the past few months, we've had to attend work events that had Texas formal and Texas casual dress recommendations.

In case you were wondering, Texas formal means a cocktail dress and boots, a broomstick skirt and boots, dark wash jeans and boots for men and lots of hats and turquoise jewelry. And I should know because they sent out a PowerPoint presentation to make sure we were all dressed appropriately (Nate's military ball was Texas formal last December). I was hoping it would be the regular attire because we both already have things in our closet to wear (evening gown and dress blues), but I ended up in a new black cocktail dress and red cowboy boots and Nate wore jeans. It was actually a lot of fun.

Which got me to thinking, do other states have special dress codes too? Or is this Texas-specific? After a quick Google search, I found dress codes for schools and in one case, a prison, but failed to see anything on the social scale. Can anyone chime in on this?

Cheers!
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment