Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Fitness Fusion Challenge: PiYo

I had been doing Supreme 90 Day Workout, but I think I'd hit a plateau. Sure, I could've increased the weights I was using, but I wasn't motivated to do it. And once I lose motivation, it's hard for me to give 100 percent (or even 75 percent). So when I saw my friend's Facebook posts about how awesome PiYo was for her I decided to check it out. And by check it out, I mean go to Amazon and order it (honestly, I didn't even watch the clips).

PiYo is a blend of Pilates and yoga bodyweight moves (no equipment required!) and the workouts are usually about half an hour (perfect since E only sleeps about an hour). The host is super chipper, but not in an annoying way. She also says random things like, "get it, young blood" which I find hilarious coming out of these teeny blonde woman's mouth. Anyway, I'm really enjoying PiYo and started my fourth week today.

I randomly mentioned to my friend that I was doing PiYo because of her and she invited me to join her fitness challenge group. We started today and now there are people holding me accountable (uh oh) for working out. I'm determined to finish the 30 days though because I can tell that PiYo is making a difference in me. Better posture, stronger, more flexible, more toned - you name it, PiYo does it for you. Correction. YOU do it for you. Hard to believe I'm getting such awesome results when before I was using dumbbells and stability balls to stay fit.

And if you think that yoga and Pilates isn't work, you aren't doing it right. Today, I did the "sweat" workout and I was literally dripping sweat onto the carpet. "This ain't recess" - she really does make me chuckle. You know, when I'm not gasping for air.

So if you're looking for a new workout program, I highly recommend giving PiYo a try. Take a look at the clips online (or blindly trust me) and order it. I'm not getting anything from endorsing them so know that this is coming from a neutral standpoint. Also, they push a shakeology program, which seems helpful but I'm not doing it. I'm not huge into shakes (I ordered a protein shake a few weeks ago and it was so gross) and we eat pretty healthy for the most part anyway. Plus, my favorite part of working out is the post-workout snack and a shake just doesn't make the cut.

Is anyone else doing PiYo? Let me know what you think of it!

Cheers,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment