Friday, October 10, 2014

Stitch Fix #4

This week, my fourth Stitch Fix box arrived. This time I didn't include any additional notes other than what was already listed in my style profile. As you know, I've had some issues with fit in the past but this stylist did an excellent job sending me tops that actually fit my frame. Here's what she sent me.

This is an embellished t-shirt that fit me really well. I probably would've kept this one, but I didn't like the extras around the collar. Not really my style and a little too far out of my comfort zone to try something new. 

I love that they send me blazers. I have a few in my closet that I'm starting to rotate between as the weather cools off. I used to wear jeans and a blazer to do interviews for the paper. For some reason, I've always associated that outfit with being a "real" journalist. Unfortunately, this one was too short in the arms. A common problem for me when it comes to blazers. 




This blouse works as both a long-sleeve tee and a 3/4 tee if you roll up the sleeves. It also had pleats down the back center. It fit OK, but kind of hugged in weird places when I'd move.

These jeans fit, but they weren't anything special. If I'm going to pay boutique prices, I want them to look like I bought them at a boutique. 


This dress looks a bit plain in the photo, but it fits me really well and it has some cool pleats in the front. I tried to capture them on film, but it didn't work out so well. I need a mannequin. 

I need to send my items back today so I really need to make a decision. The only piece Nate liked was the dress so I'll probably end up with that one. And I'm sure you're thinking "geez, Jen. This isn't the 1950's. Pretty sure you don't have to dress to please your husband"  -- and I get that. I really do. But at the end of the day, the only person I'm trying to impress is my husband (did some of you just pass out? I realize that's not a very modern view). Of course I want to look presentable at events and wear clothes that fit me well like *gasp* I have a personal stylist. But his opinion matters to me, plain and simple. Besides, I buy him clothes all the time so modeling my Stitch Fix boxes for him is just evening the playing field. 

Have you signed up for Stitch Fix yet? Sign up here and treat yourself to something new once a month!

Cheers!
Jen

You may also be interested in:


No comments:

Post a Comment