Friday, January 30, 2015

Blogaversary


Writing, for me, has always been a way to express myself. It's my outlet. A way to vent. A memory tracker. An online diary. As my friend Jenn said, it's a poor man's version of therapy. Over the years, I've probably saved us a mint then.

I started my first blog in 2008 when I moved to Germany by myself. It had some travel adventures and it's where the first memories of my husband are recorded. In 2010, I started a new blog that focused on the year my husband was deployed. I wrote in it every day and I swear it saved my sanity. And when E was born, I kept up a personal blog for about a year. If someone wanted to know when he got his first tooth, I'd look in my blog archives, not his baby book (I really should update that, shouldn't I?).

And now here we are a year into my mommy blog. It's not super personal because it's public, but it gives me a chance to write and be heard. I want to thank each of you for reading my blog posts. I also appreciate all of the public and private feedback that I've been given in the past year. Knowing that others enjoy reading the blog gives me the motivation I need to keep going.

On that note, I'm thinking of changing the name again (I know, I know). I think it's gotten a bit lengthy for my taste and I want to shorten it up. If you get a chance, please fill out the poll below.

Thanks again for your continued support. I'm excited to start another year of blogging with you!

Cheers,
Jen

*Congrats to Kristen S. for winning the blogaversary giveaway prize package!*

No comments:

Post a Comment