Thursday, March 26, 2015

Stitch Fix #10 - Decisions, decisions

One thing I look forward to every month is getting my Stitch Fix in the mail. So when it arrived a day early I was really excited (totally not sad, right?).

This time around, I asked my stylist to send some casual tops, a lightweight jacket, a maxi dress and some linen pants. I really don't have a "need" for anything right now so I thought it would be fun to get a range of clothes. Plus, this gave her somewhere to start looking. And to her credit, she was able to send everything but the linen pants. Do you own a pair of linen pants? It's like wearing pajamas, but in a respectable way.

Here's what she sent me:

Here's the maxi dress. It fits pretty well and it's nice and long. The pattern isn't something I would normally pick out for myself. Nate thinks it's a little "hippie" for his taste, but the more I look at it, the more it grows on me. Plus, I love a good maxi dress. I'm on the fence with this one. 




I like the color, but the collar wouldn't sit right for me. I know if I wore this shirt I'd be messing with the collar constantly and that would get annoying. This is a no-go.

This tank fit really well, but the colors don't do much for me. My skin is too fair to pull off this color combination. Nate agrees. Too bad because it fit better than the other shirts.

This shirt was a little big. It also reminds me of something I could buy at Target. Don't get me wrong - I do own t-shirts from Target. But I paid $5 for them, not $30. 


The camera really didn't capture this green color very well. it's more of a true green. I really like the polka dot details on the inside, but the jacket didn't do anything for my shape. It looked like a boxy jacket that was a size too big. 

Really, I guess it comes down to the maxi dress. And since I don't want to lose my styling fee, I think I'll probably jump onto the yes side of the fence. I'll probably have to suspend my boxes until we get settled into our new place so this might be my last box for a couple of months. Sad face. We'll see. Maybe I can sneak one more in before we move.

Have you considered joining Stitch Fix? If so, please sign up using my link here. I recently got an email that said they're now offering maternity and petite sizes. What the what. I WISH I had been able to use them for maternity clothes. And remember, they really try to cater to your personal style. A friend of mine signed up for Stitch Fix awhile back and actually got her box this week as well. Here's what they sent her - 


Cute, right? I may have to request some of those pieces. 

Cheers,
Jen 

You may also like:



No comments:

Post a Comment