Monday, March 2, 2015

Stitch Fix #9 - Redemption

My most recent Stitch Fix box arrived a few days ago. I was beyond relieved when I opened it and found a note from Jacqueslene (see: Stitch Fix #8 - Big Box of Sadness). I never found out why she went missing last month, but it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

When I put in my request for this month, I asked for something I could wear to a work ceremony. It's almost time for Nate to leave command and I thought it would be fun to wear something new to the event. My stylist sent me two dresses to choose from and three casual tops for everyday wear. And, before you judge the short sleeves, I did tell her that we're moving to a warm climate and I wanted to update my spring/summer looks. 

Here's what she sent:

I really need to get a flash for the camera because the colors are so wonky. But here's the blue dress I decided to keep. I really liked the collar and I think it's perfect for the ceremony. 



This is a 41 Hawthorn dress. I really like this line, but it's too much like the other two I already bought. Also, the top area was too big and I didn't want to get any alterations done. On the plus side, it's a really nice winter weight so even though it's sleeveless it would be great with tights, boots and a cardigan. 



I really like this embellished t-shirt. The only reason I sent it back is because the lace is loose around the edges, which means it would only be a matter of time before E grabbed hold and ripped it to shreds. 


I wasn't a huge fan of this shirt. It rang a little Forever 21 to me (not that there's anything wrong with that store, just that if I'm going to pay boutique prices I don't want to be able to buy it for half the cost at the mall, you know?). The buttons are actually down the back of the shirt. 


This was a little Jerseylicious...awesome reality show (in the early seasons), but not my style. And it was crazy tight at the bottom and the sleeves gave me "wings" according to Nate.

So I kept the blue dress and have big plans for it - yay! And for those that are interested in prices, it was $54. I already paid the $20 styling fee when my box shipped so that dropped it to $34, which is reasonable for a dress, in my opinion. And the rest of the clothes were all under $60, in case you were curious. 

Want to try it out for yourself? Please consider signing up using my referral code by clicking the link here. You never enter into a contract so you can stop whenever you'd like. 

Cheers, 
Jen

You may also like:


No comments:

Post a Comment