Friday, May 22, 2015

Stitch Fix #12 - It keeps getting better

Believe it or not, we moved into our new place fast enough that I was able to keep receiving my Stitch Fix without any interruptions. My box showed up a couple of days ago and I was not disappointed. This is box number 12, which means I've been doing this for about a year and I think I've finally hit a stride with my stylist.

I almost kept the entire box. Almost.

When I made my request, I asked for another maxi dress, another pair of Bermuda shorts and bright, colorful items for summer. Here's what she sent me:

I liked the colors, but it didn't do me any favors once I got it on. The top half was just a little too big. I considered alterations, but in the end decided I didn't like it enough to go the distance. This was my one hold out. If the dress had fit, I would've gotten the entire box.

I love this t-shirt. It's exactly my style. But I didn't buy it. I know, right? I couldn't justify almost $50 on a t-shirt, especially when I already have similar pieces hanging in my closet. 




This is a basic black sleeveless shirt, but I don't have anything like it in my closet right now. This went into the yes pile. Good thing my stylist didn't send all bright pieces (she must know me better than I thought).


I love this colorful blouse - I really do. You can't tell in the photo, but it also has a zipper down the side. And it's got sort of a silky texture to it. It's now hanging in my closet. 


If I was at a store, I never would've picked these up. This is the beauty of Stitch Fix. When I tried them on, they fit like a glove. And for the record, the color is more coral and less orange (I should get a flash for my camera, huh?). I decided to keep these. I'll probably wear the black top above with them. 

Overall, this was a great box for me. I kept three of the five items. That's more than I've ever kept before. I was tempted to keep everything (hello, extra 25% off), but I couldn't get there with the maxi dress. There's one maxi they sent me last year that I absolutely love and I'm going to double check the brand and request another one of theirs next time.

Have you tried Stitch Fix yet? Click here to sign up using my code. Full disclosure - I'll get a store credit if you sign up. But after you join, you can share your code with others. Why not grease the wheels with karma by using my code first?

And in a slightly related topic, I also recommend checking out Like Twice online. This is an online resale shop for your gently used clothing. They now accept women's clothes, shoes and handbags as well as men's clothing. The premise is simple. You request a free bag from them. Once it arrives, you fill it up with all of your gently used items. You send it back for FREE (I usually schedule a FREE USPS pick up and leave it by our front door) and they go through all of the items. I'd say I typically receive an offer for my items within two weeks. You can receive your cash through Paypal or elect for store credit and get an extra 25%. I've always gone with store credit. And if you're weirded out by buying used clothes, don't stress about it. They also offer items that are new with tags (you just have to search for them specifically). And you have a 30-day period to return any items that don't work out (again, returns are FREE). Have you tried it out yet? Click here to use my code and get started. If you sell your items, we'll both get a store credit. Karma, y'all. Karma.

Cheers!
Jen 

You may also like:
Stitch Fix #9: Redemption
The Original Stitch Fix 

No comments:

Post a Comment