Wednesday, June 10, 2015

And just like that, parenthood and alcohol are forever linked.



Last night was rough. E was awake every hour and a half, which means I was awake every hour and a half. And it's not like he would roll over and go back to sleep. Oh no, he was awake and crying/whining/whimpering. Honestly, it was pitiful.

At this point, we're chalking it up to gas pain and crossing our fingers it doesn't happen again tonight. I don't think either of us can handle it. I told Nate to sleep in the guest bedroom since he had to get up for work, but if it happens again, I may have to hide out there too.

The point of this ("there's a point?" - you, "misery loves company?" -me) is that it made me think of wine. Like oh, I've had a rough day so I need a glass of wine. Which in turn made me think of dishes because our glasses don't fit in the dishwasher. So for me, I have to decide if the benefit of wine outweighs the downside of washing the glass by hand. Although, now that I think about it, I could probably just drink from the bottle and eliminate this problem for good.

Right so, that led my thoughts to the baby bottle brush. I've been meaning to share this life hack for some time, but hadn't gotten around to it for whatever reason ("probably all the wine" - you, "I wonder if we have any prosecco?" - me). One day, I was painstakingly cleaning my champagne glasses (I could drink champagne with dinner. I'm pretty sure that makes me future BFFs with Mariah Carey) and I realized that the baby bottle brush was the perfect tool for cleaning them! We're way past the bottle stage, but I keep the brush around for our wine glasses and some of our tall beer glasses. It really is the perfect solution.

So I thought I would share it with you in the off chance you have a similar problem. That and I think it's funny. I mean c'mon. A baby bottle brush to clean your wine glasses? You can't deny the link is hilarious.

Or is it just me?

Cheers,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment